• The global varicella zoster infection treatment market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.2% in terms of value during the forecast period (2017–2027). The market is anticipated to be valued at 1,969.1 Mn by 2027
• On the basis of drug type, acyclovir segment accounted for 56.9% market share in 2016 in terms of revenue, which is expected to increase to 3.8% by 2027 end.
• On the basis of route of administration, oral segment accounted for 64.7% market share in 2016 in terms of revenue, which is expected to increase to 4.0% by 2027 end.
• By Distribution Channel, hospital pharmacies segment accounted for 43.7 % value share and was valued at US$ 549.7Mn in 2016
• North America varicella zoster infection treatment market revenue is expected to expand at a significant CAGR of 3.5% in terms of value over the forecast period.
• High Transmission Rate of Varicella
• High Risk of Herpes Zoster due to Immunosuppressive Medications
• Focus on to Reduce Complication of Post-herpetic Neuralgia
• First-line Treatment for Immunocompromised Patients
• Focus on Clinical Development of Antiviral Drugs
• Focus on to Reduce Economic Burden of VZV Infection
• Herpes Zoster Burden Among Elderly Population
• Risk of Herpes Zoster Among Cancer Patients
• Public–Private Partnerships
• Relying on Alternative Medicines such as Natural Products
• Stringent Regulatory Approval Process
• Generic Drug Recall
• Unawareness Among People about Herpes Zoster
Overall Market Approach:
• Companies focus on regulatory approvals, new drug launches and marketing of their brands to get more attention and gain maximum market share
• Acquisitions, mergers and strategic collaborations play a vital role in the growth of the varicella zoster infection treatment market
• By Drug Type, acyclovir segment holds the maximum market share in the global varicella zoster infection treatment market and this segment -- owing to the large number of companies manufacturing. these drug is preferred by physician’s due to comparatively cheaper prices. Acyclovir is represent significant growth in term of revenue in forecast period.
• North America represents the most lucrative market and is followed by Asia Pacific and Western Europe
• High incidence of herpes zoster in North America and availability of drugs in the region makes it the highest revenue generating segment globally
• Acquisitions, mergers, expansion, product launches and agreement are the key strategies adopted by manufacturers to increase product sales in different geographies
• Companies are focussing on new regulatory approvals drugs to strengthen their market place globally
Source: Future Market Insights